Used Curriculum Sale
Come shop the biggest used curriculum sale in the state! Get great deals or sign up to sell your own used curriculum.
Sell last year’s school books or find bargains for next year!
You can do both at the Used Curriculum Exchange.
Table of Contents
UCE Shopping Hours
Lots of shopping hours! Shopping hours are Friday from 12:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Admission the first hour and a half will be by time-stamped tickets which are issued based on when you register for the conference. See “Obtaining Used Curriculum Exchange Tickets” below for how to get early tickets to the Used Curriculum Exchange.
Remember, you must be registered for the conference or purchase an exhibit hall pass in order to participate or sell books in the Used Curriculum Sale.
Used Curriculum Exchange Schedule
Friday, June 16, 2023
- 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Book drop off
- 12:15 p.m. – 6 p.m. Sale hours
Saturday, June 17, 2023
- 9 – 10 a.m. Drop off books
- 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Sale hours
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. UCE closed
- 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. Gleaning sale (all donated books on sale for $1 each)
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. Sellers pick up (Books that are not donated by seller must be picked up by 4:30 pm)
Registering Materials for Sale
You can register your material for sale online. The only supplies you will need are plain printer paper and scotch tape. The online software will print your labels with title, price, grade level, category, and barcode – two labels per book. All you do is print out the labels, cut them apart, and affix one on the outside and one on the inside of your book with scotch tape. It’s fast and easy!
Online material registration is available here. All material for sale must be pre-registered by June 15th at 12 noon.
Delivering Your Books
Material registered for the Used Curriculum Exchange may be dropped off at one of the satellite locations on Thursday, June 15 between 12 noon and 3 p.m., or at the Linn County Expo Center (at the back of the main building) between 4-7 p.m. on Thursday, June 15th or during the conference June 16 and 17.
UPDATED: View the list of satellite locations and times for Thursday, June 15th!
Buying Used Materials
You will be admitted to the Used Curriculum Exchange between 12:15 and 6 p.m. on Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday. Shopping times will be assigned in the order the registration is received. The sooner you register, the earlier shopping time block you will be assigned.
Conference volunteers shop first, then those attending the conference will be assigned time blocks based on how soon they register. The sooner you register, the earlier you’ll shop. Everyone will get a chance to shop.
Obtaining Used Curriculum Exchange Tickets*
1. Volunteer to help at the conference: As a thank you for conference volunteers, you will be in the first group admitted to the Used Curriculum Exchange. Volunteers get to shop Friday afternoon starting early at 12:15 p.m. (or anytime during the regular Used Curriculum Exchange hours).
2. Pre-register for the conference: Used Curriculum Exchange tickets will be issued to those registering for the conference in the order the registration is received. The sooner you register, the earlier shopping time block you will be assigned. Online registration opens at 8 a.m. on April 24th.
3. Walk-in Conference registration. Those registering for the conference at the door don’t have to miss the Used Curriculum Exchange. They will be assigned time blocks after the pre-registered conference attendees’ time blocks.
4. Purchase an Exhibit Hall Only pass at the door. Those purchasing Exhibit Hall Only Passes may also shop at the Used Curriculum Exchange. They will be assigned time blocks after the pre-registered conference attendees’ time blocks.
*Please note, children in the Used Curriculum Exchange: For their own safety, children under the age of 8 are not allowed in the Used Curriculum Exchange with the exception of infants in front packs. No strollers, backpacks or other conveyances are allowed. If you plan to shop in the Used Curriculum Exchange, please make alternative care arrangements for your children who do not fit in front packs. (Have dad, grandparent or friend watch them while you are shopping.)
Used Curriculum Exchange Volunteers & Questions
Please fill out this contact form and we will get back to you.